The All-China Women's Federation (ACWF) recently announced the launch of China Women's Entrepreneurship and Innovation Contest in Hangzhou, capital city of east China's Zhejiang Province.
The competition was jointly sponsored by the ACWF and the Zhejiang people's government. It aims to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
1) Application Period (From May-July, 2017)
There are three ways to apply:
- Apply through your local women’s federation.
- Attend screening tests held by companies, universities, institutions and various other organizations.
- Apply as an individual.
2) Charity Training (From July-September, 2017)
Experts will offer free guidance and training for contest members at all levels.
Furthermore, groups that reach the finals will be provided with centralized training and expert advice.
3) Re-evaluation Period (August 2017)
Experts will categorize submissions to determine the terms of the match.
Specialists will reevaluate separately and select the best 10 from each group to enter the final round.
4) Final Competition (September 2017)
The finals will be held in the form of project road shows, Q&A sessions, and live broadcasts via the internet.
The final awards will be comprehensively selected by an Internet ballot and experts' professional guidance.
All-China Women's Federation
Zhejiang Provincial People's Government
Department for Women's Development of the ACWF
Network Information Center of the ACWF
Zhejiang Provincial Women's Federation
Several awards will be announced including the Best Creativity Award, Most Valuable Commercial Award, Most Social Benefit Award, Most Environmentally Friendly Innovation Award, and the Outstanding Organization Award.
After the competition, follow-up services will provide entrepreneurship training, incubation projects and capital-raising for startups.
1) Any female individual or group with a female leader can join with a clear business plan.
2) Companies must have been established after March 1, 2012. Registered capital and annual revenue should not exceed standards set for small and micro-sized companies.
3) Submitted works should enjoy legal intellectual property rights.
If third-party interests and rights are involved, it is required to submit legally-binding written authorization from the holder and relevant patent certificates at the time of signing up.
4) The projects should be innovative, distinctive and profitable. Meanwhile, they should not have previously taken part in Series B financing.
5) Those projects that have already received prizes in similar competitions will not be accepted.
6) Participants must be of sound social reputation.
7) Application materials should be true, effective and legal. All materials should be original.
8) Entries should be properly named and businesses must not change their name in the course of competition.
9) The number of female employees from businesses or groups applying should be high and with obvious social benefits.
(Source: Women Voice/Translated and edited by Women of China)
Please understand that womenofchina.cn,a non-profit, information-communication website, cannot reach every writer before using articles and images. For copyright issues, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. The articles published and opinions expressed on this website represent the opinions of writers and are not necessarily shared by womenofchina.cn.