Shen Yueyue, vice-chairperson of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and president of the All-China Women's Federation (ACWF), conveyed the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) to members of the Chinese Women's Research Society (CWRS) on November 10.
Shen, who also serves as president of the CWRS, urged attendees to study the congress spirit and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era to innovate women's theoretical research.
At the conference, women researchers concluded some key points in their learning and implementation of the congress spirit, including:
- Firmly establishing political consciousness and study hard on the new ideas in the CPC congress report, as well as strengthen the guidance in both ideology and public opinions.
- Firmly establishing the core consciousness and fully comprehend and implement Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, as well as establish a framework for Chinese women's studies.
- Firmly establishing sense of responsibility and pay more attention to academic innovation, so as to promote women's development and provide Chinese experiences for women all over the world.
In addition, the researchers discussed new requirements for their work, including:
- Grasping the main contradiction in the new period and clarify the new direction of women's studies.
- Eliminating traditional gender barriers and create a friendly environment for gender equality.
- Paying attention to all periods of women's life and satisfy their new demands for lifelong development.
The participants also discussed their work to be carried out, including:
- Exploring the tasks, characteristics and development trends of women's movements in the new era.
- Comprehensively studying and summarizing the achievements, historic changes and major experiences of women's movements since the reform and opening up, especially since the 18th CPC National Congress.
- Deepening women's work, as well as the reform and innovation of women's federations under the leadership of the Party; and put forward the new ideas and work strategies for promoting the all-round and coordinated development of women.
(Source: Women's Studies Institute of China / Translated and edited by Women of China)
Please understand that womenofchina.cn,a non-profit, information-communication website, cannot reach every writer before using articles and images. For copyright issues, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com. The articles published and opinions expressed on this website represent the opinions of writers and are not necessarily shared by womenofchina.cn.