Full-time Copy Editor Needed
We are looking for a full-time copy editor of Women of China English website. This is a full-time job based in Beijing, capital of the People's Republic of China.
Brief Introduction of Women of China English website
Sponsored by All-China Women's Federation and Women's Foreign Language Publications of China, Women of China English website (www.womenofchina.cn) offers comprehensive information on the way China's women live today, showcasing their views on the rapidly changing world around them, the challenges they face and the achievements that have been made in the field of women's development.
We aim to provide a window into our country from a women's perspective, as well as be a comprehensive resource for gender development and women's studies professionals. By sharing the progress of China's women with the world, we hope to bridge the gap between China and the world.
Why Women of China English website?
This is a chance to work in Beijing with some of the most diligent Chinese young editors and reporters in a friendly and innovative atmosphere. This is also an opportunity to have a better understanding of Chinese culture and the development of Chinese women.
1. Polishing and editing the English translations and writings for the websites in the requested time and making the articles conform to news style.
2. Giving suggestions to the websites for its development and the improvement of its contents.
1. Native English speaker.
2. A minimum of a bachelor's degree in journalism, writing or other similar fields.
3. At least two years of work experience in journalism, writing, editing or other similar roles.
Have excellent writing, editing, rewriting and polishing skills.
4. Able to meet tight deadlines on short notice.
5. Good communication skills and be able to work effectively and cooperatively with Chinese staff.
6. Strong understanding of Chinese affairs, culture and history. Have interest in women or gender-related issues or have understanding of gender mainstreaming.
Good knowledge in and enthusiasm for China.
7. Work in China for at least five years.
Preferred but not required:
Fluent mandarin speaking and understanding ability.
If you are interested in the position, please forward your resume and previous work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that womenofchina.cn,a non-profit, information-communication website, cannot reach every writer before using articles and images. For copyright issues, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com. The articles published and opinions expressed on this website represent the opinions of writers and are not necessarily shared by womenofchina.cn.