China Women's University, which is affiliated with the All-China Women's Federation, is the only national female regular institution of higher education. The university was established in 1949 originally as "New China Women Vocational School" by former female leaders including Song Qingling, He Xiangning, Cai Chang, Deng Yingchao and Kang Keqing. Approved by the Ministry of Education in 1984, the school was renamed "Management Institute of the All-China Women's Federation", and became the first national independent female adult institute. The name "China Women's University" was adopted in 1995 and undergraduate students were then enrolled. In 2002, approved by the Minstry of Education, the school was formally became the regular institute of higher learning for undergraduates.
Located in the east of Asian Games Village, Beijing, China Women's University now has ten departments and two secondary colleges, as well as more than 4,000 students. The Journal of China Women's University is the national excellent social journal approved by the Ministry of Education. The university is trying to be the important base for women's education, women theory research, international exchange and women's books and information.
No. 1 Yuhui East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Please understand that womenofchina.cn,a non-profit, information-communication website, cannot reach every writer before using articles and images. For copyright issues, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com. The articles published and opinions expressed on this website represent the opinions of writers and are not necessarily shared by womenofchina.cn.
|ACWF Makes Continuous Efforts in Targeted Poverty Alleviation|
|ACWF Brings National March 8th Red-Banner Holder Medal to Zhou Quanquan's Family|
|CPC Role Models Inspire All ACWF's Members to Better Fulfill Duties|
|Shen Yueyue Urges Women's Federations to Fulfill Duties of Guiding, Serving Women|
|Delegates from Pacific Islands Join Study Trip, Praise Chinese Women for Hard Work|