The All-China Women's Federation (ACWF) held its 7th plenary session of the 11th Executive Committee from January 15-16 in Beijing.
At the conference, members deliberated and approved a work report titled Sticking to the Guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, Uniting and Mobilizing Chinese Women to Dedicate Themselves to the Building of the New Era, and Striving to Achieve Goals Set at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
The report outlines the ACWF's major work to be undertaken in 2018.
2018 marks the first year of implementing the spirit of the 19th CPC National Congress; the 40th anniversary of China's reform and opening up; and is a crucial year for building a moderately prosperous society in all respects and carrying out the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020).
Meanwhile, 2018 is the year when the ACWF deepens reform in an all-round way and the 12th National Women's Congress opens.
The ACWF will comprehensively implement the spirit of the 19th CPC National Congress; follow the guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era; and make progress while maintaining stability.
The ACWF will also keep in mind serving the overall plans of the Party and the country, strengthen ideological and political work among women, and uniting and mobilizing hundreds of millions of Chinese women to make contributions to the building of a moderately prosperous society in all respects.
Promoting Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and the spirit of the 19th CPC National Congress to enjoy popular support among Chinese women
Women's federations at all levels must work under the principle of being realistic and down-to-earth, and endeavor to spread the Party's ideas among Chinese women
Launching learning activities
· "Seeking truth from facts";
· "Achieving mastery through a comprehensive study".
· Carrying out educational classes among women and making it easier for them to understand that by using various methods;
· Leading women to recognize Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era;
· Being firmer in loyalty to the Party.
Lectures by female delegates to the 19th CPC National Congress presidents of and members of executive committees of women’s federations at all levels;
Series online lectures by female delegates to the 19th CPC National Congress.
Arranging female delegates to the 19th CPC National Congress, presidents of women's federation at all levels and members of the executive committee of women's federations to lecture about the spirit of the Congress in schools, villages and communities
Vigorously carrying out activities on the theme 'Being Loyal to the Party and Contributing to the New Era'
Women's federations at all levels must work to achieve the goals set out at the 19th CPC National Congress and focus on important and urgent issues under the leadership of the CPC Central Committee. In addition, women's federations at all levels must make efforts to lead women to dedicate themselves to the realization of new goals in a new era.
Promoting women's entrepreneurship and innovation campaign
· Organizing entrepreneurship and innovation training and competitions of various forms for women;
· Paying close attention to leading highly competent women to be involved in entrepreneurship and innovation;
· Launching activities to help female college students start their own businesses.
Launching rural vitalization campaign
· Implementing the Rural Women's Well-rounded Development Plan;
· Organizing the Beautiful Home Building Activity.
Launching poverty-alleviation campaign
· Intensifying women officials training;
· Giving full play to the role of industries with women's characteristics in poverty alleviation;
· Vigorously promoting the work pattern of women's mutual help.
Further promoting the development of family ethics
· Expanding the meaning and value of the activity Looking for the Most Beautiful Families Campaign;
· Launching activities to carry forward good family traditions;
· Improving family education guidance services.
Giving full play to the advantages of the ACWF
· Improving women's federations' work in Xinjiang, Tibet and other regions populated by ethnic minorities;
· Enhancing exchanges among women from all walks of life;
· Organizing the Straits Forum for Women and enhances exchanges among female college students from both sides of the Taiwan Straits.
Giving full play to women's advantages in people-to-people diplomacy
· Centering on the Belt and Road Initiative, promoting exchanges among women;
· Enhancing exchanges and cooperation with women and women's organizations in major countries;
· Participating in women-related mechanism construction and global governance of the United Nations and international community;
· Supporting developing countries' campaigns to improve women's capabilities;
· Intensifying the external publicity of women's work in China.
Earnestly implementing basic state policy of gender equality
Enhancing publicity of the basic state policy of gender equality
"Six targeted places": media, families, communities, schools, the Party and government organizations, Party schools
Approaches to promote basic state policy of gender equality
· Doing in-depth research into important and difficult points;
· Actively offering advice and suggestions;
· Promoting supervision of the implementation of the National Program for Women's Development (2011-2020) and the National Program for Child Development (2011-2020);
· Conducting interviews on equal employment of women;
· Setting up mechanisms to solve family disputes.
Creating more ways to protect women's rights
· Promoting activities on the theme "Women Dedicating to Rule of Law";
· Vigorously launching activities to promote women's participation in local affair discussion.
Improving long-acting mechanisms to help the impoverished
· Continually issuing women entrepreneurship loans and providing "two cancers" screening and care services to "left-behind" women and children;
· Vigorously promoting charitable projects for women and children.
Deepening reform of key fields
Deepening the reform of women’s federations at grassroots levels
· Continuously promoting the reform of women's federations at grassroots levels;
· Continuously promoting the construction of women's federations in villages and communities;
· Accelerating the construction of women's federations in new fields and new classes;
· Strengthening guidance to women's social organizations.
Continuing work style innovation
· Promoting online women's federations' development;
· Improving interconnectivity of online and offline services through the Women Voice new media platform;
· Promoting the publicity of outstanding women ;
· Broadening channels to let more women participate in women's federations' work.
Resolutely transforming work style
· Focusing on new challenges facing women's federations, improving investigations and services;
· Implementing the Poverty Alleviation System, Women's Demand Investigation System, Contact Point System and Cadres Work System.
Improving quality of federations' work in a new era
· Enhancing political consciousness;
· Comprehensively improving working ability.
Making preparations for the opening of the 12th National Women's Congress
· Summarizing the new achievements made over the past 5 years;
· Analyzing new challenges in the new era;
· Arranging the work for the next 5 years.
Please understand that womenofchina.cn,a non-profit, information-communication website, cannot reach every writer before using articles and images. For copyright issues, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com. The articles published and opinions expressed on this website represent the opinions of writers and are not necessarily shared by womenofchina.cn.