• PopulationJuly 20, 2011China is the most populous country in the world, with 1.25909 billion people at the end of 1999, about 22 percent of the world's total. This figure does not include many Chinese in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region, and Taiwan Province.
  • Family Planning PolicyJuly 20, 2011China's family planning policy combines government guidance with the wishes of the masses. The basic requirements of family planning are late marriages and late childbearing, so as to have fewer but healthier babies.
  • Population and Ethnic Groups
    Fifty-six Ethnic Groups There are 56 ethnic groups in China, among which the Han people account for 92% of the total population while the other 55 ethnic groups account for 8%. In addition to the Han, the other ethnic groups are: Zhuang, Hui, Uyghurs, Yi, Miao, Manchu, Tibetan, Mongols, Tujia, Buyei, Korean, Dong, Yao, Bai, Hani, Kazakh, Dai, Li, Lisu, Va, She, Lahu, Sui, Dongxiang, Nakhi, Kyrgyz, Tu, Qiang, Daur, Jingpo, Mulao, Xibe, Salar, Blang, Gelao, Maonan, Tajik, Pumi, Nu, Achang, Ewenki, Uzbeks, De’ang, Jing, Jino, Yugur, Bonan, Russian, Monba, Derung, Oroqen, Tatars, Lhoba, Gaoshan, and Hezhen...
    Fifty-six Ethnic Groups of Photos

    Han

    Mongol

    Hui

    Tibetan

    Uygur

    Miao

    Yi

    Zhuang

    Buyi

    Korean

    Man

    Dong

    Yao

    Ba

    Tujia

    Hani

    Kazakh

    Dai

    Li

    Lisu

    Wa

    She

    Gaoshan

    Lahu

    Shuin

    Dongxiang

    Naxi

    Jingpo

    Kirgiz

    Tu

    Daur

    Mulam

    Qiang

    Blang

    Salar

    Maonan

    Gelao

    Xibe

    Achang

    Pumi

    Tajik

    Nu

    Uzbek

    Russian

    Ewenki

    De’ang

    Baoan

    Yugu

    Jing

    Tartar

    Dulong

    Oroqen

    Hezhe

    Monba

    Lhoba

    Jino